Friday, October 29, 2010

He Qi

I'd like to take a full post to show you the artwork of arguably China's most sought after contemporary Christian artist. His name is He Qi (pronounced Ho Chee). I love his brilliant use of colours and his clever portrayal of recognisable Bible stories within a Chinese context. My favourite prints are "The Magi" and "Peace be Still".

Amanda, if any of these appeal to you or you would like to show your art students, please let me know as I can easily purchase them here as posters or tapestries. Maybe a Christmas present...?

Sarah, if you like the artwork we'll have to add the Tao Fong Shan Christian Centre to our list of places to explore.


Emmaus

The Risen Lord


Losing Paradise


David and Saul

Finding of Moses

The Magi

Flight into Egypt

Calling Disciples

Peace be Still

Martha and Mary

Praying at Gethsemene

Adoration of the Magi

Good Samaritan

Prodigal Son

Moses Striking the Rock

Jonah and the Whale

Noah's Ark

Spies Return from Canaan

Joseph's Coat

Esther

Triumphant Entry

Empty Tomb




3 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed these images Renee! Have you been to see the exhibition? My favourite is RUTH AND NAOMI - I found it on the website, followed by HE IS RISEN, also on the website I think. I'd love a poster as a Christmas present.

    Mum and Dad had the 'where you go I will go, your God will be my God ...' Bible passage as their wedding text, so it has always been meaningful to me. I think the painting represents it beautifully.

    Thanks for thinking of me - I don't know how you have time for anything when you work full time.
    Wish I could pop in for a visit ...

    Geoff and I both enjoyed hearing Craig yell at the top of his voice! Pretty great game to get free tickets to - even you might have caught some of the hype!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have come across his work on the internet, but had not seen such an extensive collection of his pieces. I love every one of them. It's kind of hard to choose a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonah and the whale is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete