Friday, November 26, 2010

Out shopping

Today I went looking for a Mickey Mouse cake tin for Tirzah's upcoming birthday. Upon advisement from colleagues at work, I went to Shanghai Street (aka "Kitchen Street") in Yau Ma Tei. I'm pleased to report that I found just what I needed in this store.


A few blocks away I came across this cat guarding a selection of kitchen knives. She/he looks like our old cat's twin!


Sheree, what do you think? Bronte's a bit fatter and fluffier from memory, but otherwise they look very similar.

Then I spied this secondhand book stall which reminded me of my father who used to scour used book sections of the market in Africa for elusive Enid Blyton or Biggles titles in English.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Renee, YES! that cat looks a lot like Bronte :) Just a younger version ;) Bronte has been going really well. She had a trip to the vet a few weeks ago because I thought she had a furball stuck, but after a week of furball laxative treatment, she seems fine now :) The vet also said she was healthy for her age. However I have a suspicion she is going a bit blind or losing her smell because whenever we put treats in front of her it takes her ages to find them. :) But she seems very happy and is best friends with Elisa and our other cat Belle.

    ReplyDelete