Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Jemilla's book blurbs

I want to be an editor when I grow up, so Mum thinks it will be good practice for me to write summaries on four of the books I read recently.


This book is full of drama, risks for life, and adventure. Two children find an enchanted world which can be entered through puddles. They must find a stone to undo the spell on dying unicorns. I would recommend this book to children who like reading about spies, adventure, and bravery. 4.5 out of 5 stars



A morning in Hawaii changed the life of Bethany Hamilton forever. When the young surfer gets attacked by a tiger shark, she must trust in God to help her fight to get back on her board. Even the loss of an arm will not stop her. 5 out of 5 stars



Stanley Yelnats has a curse on him, a curse which always puts him in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now he is at camp Green Lake. The warden there is looking for something...but what? She forces bad boys to dig holes, so that she can find what she is looking for. 4.5 out of 5 stars



Four children who have special abilities risk their own lives to stop the world from becoming gloomy. A machine, The Whisperer, is supposed to put calm thoughts into a person's head but makes the person sad instead. Will the children succeed...or not? 4 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. All these books sound so exciting. Your descriptions make me want to read them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once upon a time when I was staying at New Norcia a fellow guest who taught young teenagers told me that "Holes" was one of the most popular books she had ever introduced. I read it myself and agree.Thanks for the comments,Editor.

    ReplyDelete