Saturday, May 26, 2012

Camp (by Jemilla)

This week I went with the fourth and fifth graders from ICS to camp for three days. It was awesome! I had been excited about camp and waiting for this day for a whole year! These are all the photos I took.

My friends Adele (left) and Yat Sum (right)


The bus we took to Fan Ling


First glimpse of camp


"Look, everybody! CAMP!!!"


Lots of fun things to do



Another friend - Eunice


The playground


WHERE ELSE IN HONG KONG DO YOU FIND REAL GRASS???


Everyone who came had to wear the camp t-shirt


The worship team


My teacher Mr. Kadow


A stinkbug


My high school counsellour Emily


First meal - everyone's hungry


The camp owners tell us the rules - Mr. Kwok had to translate the Chinese


My T-shirt design made it into the camp booklet!


The Love Hall (a.k.a. Main Hall)


Bible sessions (we went to eight in total)




More playground fun








Archery



Me and my friend Michael


Another Bible session on cooperation




A stray cat


A cicada

Another meal




Ms. Waymire taught us some silly songs


Roasting marshmallows and making s'mores


Our dorm/cabin




Another meal


Winners of the "Amazing Race"


A caterpillar


One of the teachers


And yet another meal


Me


Another Bible Session


"Camp Cash"


The dancing






Another cat


More dancing





Traditional Chinese food


Swimming







I love being able to take the camera underwater!



 Late night snack - PIZZA


Our last meal was more Western


Silly picture


And then my camera died...

The good news is that I get to do it all again this time next year!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a ton of fun!
    How many nights did you sleep over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! What a fun camp Jemilla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a ton of fun!
    How many nights did you sleep over?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete