Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lee Kum Kee Lantern Wonderland

Last night I visited the Lee Kum Kee Lantern Wonderland at Causeway Bay. My family stayed at home, having had their fill of lanterns at Tai Po.


The main attraction in this carnival is called Golden Moon. Standing 18 metres tall and 21 metres wide, Golden Moon is constructed of bamboo, steel, and stretchy fabric and features an LED light and sound show. Inside the structure, you can experience a variety of lighting effects from suspended Chinese lanterns. With a large and appreciative crowd, I watched the spectacular colour-changing show from start to finish.










After the Golden Moon, I wandered through the market stalls and enjoyed the rest of the lantern displays.







At the Lee Kum Kee Lantern Wonderland I was given a free mooncake. This one is lotus seed paste, and I'm saving it for Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment