Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday bargains

My day started off with a free workshop titled "Using reinforcement to teach various skills and shape behaviour" run by the Autism Partnership School.

After that excellent seminar, I took the train to Tsim Sha Tsui for a church fete that I'd heard was happening today.
 


This is St Andrew's, another English-speaking Anglican church in Hong Kong.


There were lots of different stalls offering food, artwork, craft supplies, and jewellery for sale.





My favourites, however, were the book table and jumble sale.




I spent at least two hours browsing through all the secondhand items for sale.



And because I know a few readers would be interested...here are the things I bought today: a wooden toy for work, shoes for Keegan, sandals for Tirzah, Barbie and backpack for Jemilla (as her Disney Princess one is on its last legs). Total damage $17 AUD.



Two enormous bags of Lego ($8 AUD)


And just a couple ($14 AUD) of books...Yes, I know we already have an entire library, Amanda, but I couldn't just leave them there! You can never have too many children's books! I was especially thrilled to score a whole pile of Enid Blyton hardbacks, plus David Pollock and Ruth Van Reken's Third Culture Kids: The Experience of Growing Up Among Worlds.


And Lauren, I saved the best bargains for last. Not one, but two complete Playmobil sets (for just $5 AUD) to add to your collection. You can kiss my feet later.

(Emma, there is a slim chance that Lauren may already have these sets or may have miraculously shaken her Playmobil addiction, in which case you are second in line.)

Readers, whether or not you appreciate these bargains as much as I do, you can at least be impressed that I was able to lug my three bulging bags of goodies wee wee wee wee all the way home via Hong Kong public transport.


1 comment:

  1. Do you know that it's been almost SIX months since I've had new Playmobil! Erm, I mean, since MY DAUGHTERS have had new Playmobil!

    I am just giddy with the thought! This has been the hardest discipline -- I can't buy Playmobil at all in 2010, so if it's given to me, I feel like I've won the jackpot! And for $5! Man, I want to come to your jumble sales!

    That peacock and all those princess skirts look fantastic. And the wedding carriage! Oh, little girl heaven! ***Swoon***

    ReplyDelete