Thursday, February 7, 2013

More Chinese New Year crafts

After posting some crafts two years ago, I have been looking out for other Chinese New Year crafts to showcase on the blog. 

This is the bulletin board outside our classroom at the moment. We tore strips of black paper for the branches and glued on pink cupcake papers for the blossoms. The "torn" Chinese character reads "spring". Simple but effective...

 
With an abundance of lai see envelopes at the markets at the moment, there are many beautiful configurations that can be made by cutting and intricately folding the red packets. 

Fans...

Fish...

Flowers...

and firecrackers...



I also love these Chinese dragons created by the third grade students at ICS.




And look at this beautiful display of Chinese paper cutting!


My colleague's mother is learning how to write Chinese calligraphy in the olden style. She made these couplets for our classroom door which read Proverbs 3:5-6.



My Chinese characters chicken scratches are certainly not blog-worthy, but my colleague Tintus wrote this new year wish for "God's abundant blessings". Happy Lunar New Year to all my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment