Saturday, July 14, 2012

Family ties

The tragic event of Elijah's death brought together a family that is usually spread around the world. I cherished the time I could spend with both my sisters.

Here is Carla with her family.
 


Carla's son Flynn celebrated his eighth birthday during my time in Australia, and I was pleased to attend his party.




With Lauren in New Zealand, myself in Hong Kong, and my mother and sister living in separate states of Australia we rarely have the opportunity to see each other face-to-face.


Today is my birthday. My dear mum made a fuss over me and and tried to lift our spirits with balloons and decorations made by my nieces in the shed. (Thank you, Manou!)


We had a little picnic party with pizza and fizzy drink.


Yummy Sara Lee banana cake for dessert!


The girls loved playing "Pass the Parcel". However, I'm not convinced the music person was entirely impartial as the girls all scored chocolate during their turns yet I was forced to sit on a balloon until it burst!

No comments:

Post a Comment