Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sports Day (by Jemilla)

Sports Day is a fun event at NIS. All the children are sorted into coloured groups. My coloured group was yellow. We all wore yellow clothes, and I even wore a yellow wig which everyone laughed to see. 


We had to get into our groups, then we had lots of fun activities to do. The first thing we did on Sports Day was practice our cheer, then we had a cheer competition between all the teams. There were the Blue Blizzards, the Orange Fire, the Green Dragons and the Red Storm. My team was the Yellow Lightning Bolts. We made lightning bolts and a rainbow from cardboard.



Our cheer was to the tune of "Yellow Submarine" and it went like this:

"In the cloud where I was born
lived the strongest bolt of them all,
and he struck some houses down
in the school of NIS,
so we struck down the teams
until we found our rainbow of dreams,
and we ruled in NIS
with our yellow lightning bolts.
We will strike 'cause we're the yellow lightning bolts,
yellow lightning bolts,
yellow lightning bolts.
We will strike 'cause we're the yellow lightning bolts,
yellow lightning bolts,
yellow lightning bolts."

After the cheer competition Mr Blaine the PE teacher sent our team to a game where we had to throw balls into a target. Then we did an obstacle course. Then we did a game called Dog Sled which had a big sheet that we took turns lying down on while the rest of the team pulled us to the halfway line on the soccer field. After Dog Sled we played with water guns. We had to try to shoot balls off cones with the water guns. It was so fun. After that we played basketball. 

Our team had the most points in basketball. We played Tug-of-War and running races, but I had a stitch in my side during one of the races. We did a three-legged race, then we got to watch a video.


My team came in second for Sports Day. I got a fabric flower ribbon to pin on my bag. My favourite thing about Sports Day was the Tug-of-War game. I like the game, I like the pulling, I like that it makes my arms stronger, I just like it!




No comments:

Post a Comment