Friday, April 22, 2011

An Easter anime

Our friend Karl Udy has been working hard for the last few months to make an anime free and available online to spread the story of Easter in a  modern way that will capture the attention of a new generation. The nine minute story "My Last Day" unfolds through the eyes of a criminal who receives the same crucifixion sentence as Christ, but his own guilt causes him to realise more fully Christ’s innocence. Be aware that it is not suitable for young children. Comments are welcome!






"My Last Day" reminds me of a moving song performed by Third Day called "Thief", also written from the perspective of the criminal crucified beside Jesus. Here are the lyrics or you can listen to it online.

I am a thief,
I am a murderer, walking up this lonely hill.
What have I done?
I don't remember. No one knows just how I feel.
And I know that my time is coming soon.


It's been so long,
Oh, such a long time since I've lived with peace and rest.
And now I am here
At my destination, I guess things work for the best.
And I know that my time is coming soon.


Who is this man?
This man beside me
That they call the "King of the Jews".
They don't believe he's the Messiah,
But somehow I know it's true.


They laugh at him in mockery,
And beat him till he bleeds.
They nail him to the rugged cross and raise him,
Yeah they raise him up next to me.


My time has come.
I'm slowly fading.
I deserve what I've received.
Jesus when you are in your kingdom,
Could you please, please remember me?


He looks at me still holding on 
And tears fall from his eyes.
And he says, "I tell the truth.
Today you will live with me in paradise."

And I know that my time, my time is coming soon.
And I know that my time, my time is coming soon.
And I know paradise, paradise is coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment