Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kids say the funniest things...

STORY NUMBER ONE


The other day Jemilla confided in me that she learned "a bad word" from the boys in her class.

"Did you?" I asked oh-so-nonchalantly, "Which bad word was it?"

"The sh---- word," Jemilla whispered in my ear.

"Do you know what the sh---- word means?" I calmly asked while inwardly dismayed at the thought of those seven-year old boys who had corrupted my innocent child. "It means poo, you know."

And my darling daughter replied in puzzlement, "Shut up means poo?"





STORY NUMBER TWO

While waiting for Jemilla's bus to arrive after school, Keegan and I were having a game of imaginary cricket. I bowled to him, and he pretended to take two runs along the pitch. Then he proceeded to do it again in slow motion.

"What are you doing, Keegan?" I asked him.

"Oh, this is the instant replay for the third umpire." he explained.


4 comments: